Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Calling All Boca Raton Whovians!

©BBC


*Update:

This is event is currently over.  What a wonderful evening, though!  I had no idea there were so many Whovians in Boca Raton!  It was truly one of the best nights we've had lately!  Thanks to all who came out!



Can you just hear the theme music?  The call of the TARDIS?  We are a mere handful of days away from the 50th Anniversary Special: The Day of the Doctor!  About a month ago, plans for a simulcast were announced.  I have to admit that I was disappointed to learn that there were no screenings near me…until last week that is!  Yep!  The call for new locations to converge with other Whovians and watch the special on a big screen were answered!  Boca Raton made it on the new list! Alons y!  A note to Whovians everywhere, though:  The Simulcast is not actually simultaneous.  This experience takes place on Monday, November 25, while the original broadcast will be Saturday, November 23 at 2:50 est.  So, if I were you, I'd watch it twice.

You have your fez, multi-colored scarf and Sonic Screwdriver all ready to go, right?  Now how do you get tickets?

I went to my trusty Fandango.com and searched up Day of the Doctor in my zip code.  At last check, there was still availability!  So, go yell some Geronimo and get those tickets!

Then come back and watch the official trailer:



XO, Ami

No comments:

Post a Comment